Pages

Advertising company pulls down 'transphobic' Caitlyn Jenner Xmas billboard after outcry from transgender community

   
Following a public backlash, a New Zealand Company has pulled down a transphobic Christmas billboard featuring a photo of Caitlyn Jenner. The image, taken from her Vanity Fair cover reads: "I hope your sack is fuller than mine this Christmas. Merry Christmas from Cranium."

The company behind the billboard, Cranium Signage on Tuesday, December 1, apologized on Facebook, saying

"We have removed our post and are now removing the sign tonight due to people taking offence. It was not our intention to offend any people in the community/world. I as the owner have no feelings of discrimination to the Gay or transgender community and if one of my family was I would love them just the same. Cait is more than welcome to stay at my house with my family anytime. I will have a wine or a beer with her quite happily and it would be an honour. Lots of love Phil wishing you all a Merry Christmas"

In a later update, the company revealed that they had made a donation to an LGBT youth group. "We apologize to all those who have been offended by our sign. It was very poor judgement on our part. We have made a donation to Rainbow Youth who support queer & gender diverse youth in New Zealand"
naijameryblog

No comments:

Post a Comment